Creating a terminology database aims to manage the company’s internal terminology and define certain industry-specific terms in order to achieve maximum consistency in documents which are yet to be translated.
Terminology databases are comparable to company-specific dictionaries.
A terminology database consists of terms in the source language and the corresponding equivalent in one or more target languages. Definitions, contexts, images and much more information can be stored with terms in the source language.
These directories are initially created in collaboration with you e.g. in Word or Excel tables, before we import them into our database. During formulation we can rely on the databases we have already created so that together we can create a broader and more extensive glossary.
These databases also provide optimal internal and external communications and accelerate the translation process.
The advantages of a terminology database can be summarised as follows:
- They standardise the language use of a company, from research to sales
- They significantly increase the consistency of translations
- They provide a valuable aid for external translators
- They accelerate the translation process
- They facilitate and accelerate the training of new employees.
Cruz Communications will happily create a concept for the use of a terminology database to optimise the translation process within your company.